I earned my BA in Languages and International Trade from Clemson University and went on to become ABD in French Linguistics at Indiana University, where my research focused on second language acquisition and phonology. I’ve been teaching college French since 2003, and I enjoy bringing my training in linguistics and foreign language pedagogy to the classroom. Since joining the University of Chicago French program in 2014, I’ve taught a variety of courses and specialized in developing our online materials. Outside of French, I also love distance running, cooking, hiking, camping, and spending time with my family.
Recent Courses in RLL
- FREN 10200 Beginning Elementary French II (Winter 2019)
- FREN 10300 Beginning Elementary French III (Autumn 2017)
- FREN 12001 Intensive French I (Autumn 2019)
- FREN 12002 Intensive French II (Winter 2020)
- FREN 12003 Intensive French III (Spring 2020)
- FREN 20100 Language, History, and Culture I (Autumn 2016, Winter 2017, Spring 2017, Autumn 2017, Winter 2018, Autumn 2018, Winter 2019, Spring 2019, Autumn 2019)