If you would like to apply to our programs, please contact the graduate advisors for the individual PhD program that interests you. For any questions regarding administrative procedures, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants to RLL doctoral programs must provide:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Transcripts for all previous degrees and coursework
- Writing sample (15–20 pages) in English or in the Romance Language of your choice; however if you submit an English writing sample, please also include a second, shorter sample of your writing in your intended language of specialization.
- Statement of purpose (written in English)
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) may be required for applicants for whom English is not a primary language. Information about the English language proficiency requirement is available here, and questions about the English proficiency requirement should be directed to email@example.com.
- We do not require an undergraduate degree in a Romance language.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required.
- Our department does not offer a terminal MA degree. If you are interested in an MA program and would like to take classes in our department, please visit the Master of Arts Program in the Humanities.
- The department does not offer a part-time study option, an online program, or evening classes.
- Further details regarding admissions requirements are available from the office of the Humanities Dean of Students.