The application for admission in Autumn 2023 is now open. The application deadline is December 15, 2022. For more information about our programs, please contact the graduate adviser for the individual PhD program that interests you. For any questions regarding administrative procedures, contact email@example.com.
All applicants to RLL doctoral programs must provide:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Transcripts for all previous degrees and coursework
- Writing sample (15–20 pages) in English or in the Romance Language of your choice; however if you submit an English writing sample, please also include a second, shorter sample of your writing in your intended language of specialization.
- Statement of purpose (written in English)
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) may be required for applicants for whom English is not a primary language. Information about the English language proficiency requirement is available here, and questions about the English proficiency requirement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not require an undergraduate degree in a Romance language.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required.
- Our department does not offer a terminal MA degree. If you are interested in an MA program and would like to take classes in our department, please visit the Master of Arts Program in the Humanities.
- The department does not offer a part-time study option, an online program, or evening classes.
- Further details regarding admissions requirements are available from the office of the Humanities Dean of Students.