Students whose interests lie at the intersection of multiple Romance language and literatures may pursue one of our programs in more than one literature. In addition to the Major in Latin American and Iberian Languages, Literatures and Cultures, the Department offers two major programs in more than one literature.
Program with Equal Emphasis on Two Literatures (French, Italian, or Spanish)
This program consists of a total of twelve courses:
- One advanced course in French, Italian, or Spanish
- Six courses in one Romance literature or culture
- Five courses in a second Romance literature
Program with Greater Emphasis on One Literature
This program consists of a total of twelve courses
- One advanced language course in Catalan, French, Italian, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Eight courses in the primary Romance literature or culture (French, Italian, or Spanish)
- Three courses in a second Romance literature or culture (Catalan, French, Italian, Portuguese, or Spanish)
Students who elect the one of the two majors must meet with the relevant undergraduate advisers before the end of Spring Quarter of their third year to declare their intention to complete the major. Students must submit to the departmental office an approval form for the major program signed by the appropriate undergraduate adviser. Students must then submit a copy of the signed approval form to their College adviser.
For more details about these programs, please consult the College Catalog.