Isaias Fanlo (Lleida, Spain, 1980) is a writer, scholar, cultural manager, translator, and photographer. He holds a PhD for the University of Chicago, with a dissertation on queer scenic arts. His scholarly work has been published in books and reviews specialized in queer studies, Peninsular studies, performance arts and scenic arts. He is the author of El llibre rosa (“The Pink Book”), and he also contributes to magazines, journals, and newspapers in Spain, Portugal and Colombia, such as Contexto, Arcadia, Em Cena, Núvol, Diari Ara, and Zero. He has worked as a coordinator of artistic contents at the Teatre Nacional de Catalunya (Barcelona), and served as artistic advisor for Barcelona’s Teatre Lliure and Chicago’s Goodman Theatre. He’s a foundational member and artistic director of Barcelona’s awarded rooftop scenic arts festival.
Recent courses in RLL
- SPAN 10300 Beginning Elementary Spanish III (Autumn 2016)
- SPAN 20402 Curso de redacción académica para hablantes nativos (Autumn 2020)
- SPAN 21619 From Lorca to Lin-Manuel Miranda: Staging Latinidad (Autumn 2019)
- SPAN 21803 Introducción as las literaturas hispánicas: textos españoles contemporáneos (Winter 2021)
- SPAN 23219 Leyes del deseo: miradas queer ibéricas, latinoamericanas y latinx (Spring 2019)