Loving languages and traveling, I got a MA and a PhD in Translation and Intercultural Studies at the Autonomous University of Barcelona. I started teaching when I was 18 years old, and haven’t stopped since then. I love being in the teaching trenches and enjoy doing research too.
Passionate about the impact of technology in the learning process, I like experimenting with its possibilities in my classroom and sharing the results with my colleagues.
I was born in Barcelona, but in the last few years I have lived, studied and worked in France, Germany, and Italy. Before moving to Chicago, I worked at Georgetown University teaching Catalan and Spanish.
Recent Courses in RLL
- CATA 11100 Accelerated Catalan I (Autumn 2016, Spring 2017)
- CATA 11200 Accelerated Catalan II (Winter 2017)
- CATA 12200 Catalan for Speakers of Romance Languages I (Autumn 2017, Spring 2018, Autumn 2018, Spring 2019, Autumn 2019)
- CATA 12300 Catalan for Speakers of Romance Languages II (Winter 2018, Winter 2019, Winter 2020)
- CATA 21100 Llengua, societat i cultura I (Autumn 2016, Autumn 2017, Autumn 2018)
- CATA 21200 Llengua, societat i cultura II (Spring 2019, Spring 2020)
- CATA 21600/SPAN 21610 Catalan Culture and Society: Art, music and cinema (Spring 2017, Spring 2018, Winter 2019)
- CATA 21900/31900/SPAN 21910/31910 Contemporary Catalan Literature (Winter 2017, Winter 2018, Winter 2019)
- CATA 23333/33333 Reading Catalan for Research Purposes (Autumn 2019)
- SPAN 10100 Beginning Elementary Spanish I (Autumn 2018)
- SPAN 10200 Beginning Elementary Spanish II (Winter 2019)
- SPAN 20400 Composición y conversación avanzada I (Spring 2019, Winter 2020)