Born and raised in southern Catalonia, I just moved to Chicago after spending the last four years teaching both linguistics and Catalan in Brno (Czech Republic), where I contributed to the development of a new degree in Catalan language and literature.
As an enthusiast about linguistics, my PhD focused on Catalan syntax. However, I have tried to diversify my research, doing some postgraduate courses on sociolinguistics, on forensic linguistics, and on language acquisition.
With the aim of combining my experience as a language teacher and my interest in linguistics, I am now focusing my research on the development of the Catalan Learner Corpus, a tool that might help both teachers and researchers get a deeper insight on the language of Catalan learners from all over the world.
Recent Courses in RLL
- CATA 12200 Catalan for Speakers of Romance Languages (Spring 2020)
- CATA 21100 Llengua, societat i cultura I (Autumn 2019)
- CATA 21400/SPAN 21401 Languages in the Iberian Peninsula: Multilingualism and Language Ideologies (Spring 2019, Autumn 2019)
- CATA 21600/SPAN 21610 Catalan Culture and Society: Art, Music and Cinema (Winter 2020)
- SPAN 20100 Language, History, and Culture I (Winter 2019, Spring 2020)
- SPAN 20200 Language, History, and Culture II (Autumn 2018, Spring 2019)
- SPAN 20400 Composición y conversación avanzada I (Autumn 2019, Winter 2020)