I have always had a love for Spanish language and its cultures. Because of this passion, I decided to pursue my BA and MA in Spanish Language and Literatures and, finally, in June 2019, I completed my Ph.D. in Linguistics (Complutense University of Madrid). Before starting as an Assistant Instructional Professor in Spanish at University of Chicago in 2020, I started my career as a Second Language Instructor and TA at Harvard University. There, I confirmed that my passion was not only research and study, but teaching.
My love for language pedagogy pushes me to constantly learn new methodologies and frameworks and implement them in my language and culture classes. I am currently involved in a pedagogy project that aims to create awareness and provide materials for instructors that combine the teaching of language and the topics of diversity, equity, and inclusion (website to come soon). Bringing new technologies into the language classroom is also something that has captivated my attention and, on this front, I am working on the inclusion of VR in the Spanish classroom.
Recent Courses in RLL
- SPAN 10100 Beginning Elementary Spanish I (Autumn 2020)
- SPAN 20100 Language, History, and Culture I (Spring 2021)
- SPAN 20200 Language, History, and Culture II (Winter 2021)
- SPAN 20300 Language, History, and Culture III (Autumn 2020)
- SPAN 20500 Composición y conversación avanzada II (Winter 2021)